Collection of Quotes
- Collection of Quotes from various authors
- Motivational quotes
- Biblical Quotes
- Inspirational quotes
- and many quotes...
QUOTES TO PONDER
Quotes by AbigailG
- Each step we make is a pattern for our life so think not only twice before moving forward.
- It feels good to enjoy without fear a hard earned wealth.
- Mistakes are not failures but an indication there are some things we need to correct or improve.
- Life is a journey ahead of us so keep your focus and not let temptation distract you from reaching the destination prepared for you.
- A heart filled with anger and grudges will never feel the completeness of life.
- Our brain is like a book when not being used is like a book that's never been read. Exercise your brain by reading books, singing, create pictures through your imagination and more...surely the world will benefit from you.
- Some of the knowledge is locked up in a book and if it's not unlocked through reading it will always be kept secret from you.
- Parents get angry and scold us to correct our mistakes because they love us. Some think parents hate them and they will come to understand it when they become parents themselves.
- Depression is a demon that lurks in our brain, if not controlled it will lead us to misery and if not overcome life is destroyed.
- Who are we to judge others if we ourselves has spots of darkness in our heart.
- Correct others when they are wrong and they will be grateful to you. Gossip about others' mistakes shows you are worse than them.
- Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
- While you are proclaiming peace with your lips, be careful to have it even more fully in your heart.
- No one is to be called an enemy, all are your benefactors, and no one does you harm. You have no enemy except yourselves.
- Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words.
- It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching.
- Above all the grace and the gifts that Christ gives to his beloved is that of overcoming self.
Quotes by Francis of Assisi
Quotes by Winston Churchill
- Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
- If you're going through hell, keep going.
- You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen
- Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
- We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
- To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
- History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
- The price of greatness is responsibility.
- A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
- We are still masters of our fate. We are still captains of our souls.
Quotes by Aristotle
- The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance.
- It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
- Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.
- You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
- Quality is not an act, it is a habit.
- Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.
Quotes by Albert Einstein
- You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.
- Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
- Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.
- Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
- The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.
- We still do not know one thousandth of one percent of what nature has revealed to us.
- Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.
- There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
- Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.